(1) At the Final Consummation the Damned will suffer
(2) God will be all in all at the Final Consummation
(3) God will be “in” the damned’s suffering (whether magnifying his glory by his wrath or his punishment by his justice, etc)
(4) The elect will rejoice and take pleasure in all of God’s acts (whether that of glorification or justice)
(5) The elect will rejoice and take pleasure in God’s infliction of suffering upon the damned
Conclusion: The elect will take pleasure in the suffering of the damned.
Let’s call this the “reduction ad sadism” conclusion, that is, the doctrine of eternal conscious damnation would entail the virtues of sadism. Is this a good argument? Why or why not?